- Power Supply
- Stepper Motor Driver Board (x3)
- Stepper Motor
Power Supply Requirements
By using an old PC switching power supply we can cut the cost of our power supply down to ~ $20.
Stepper Motor Driver Board
- One driver is required for each axis of the mill (X, Y, Z).
- Driver should handle atleast 2A per motor
- If a suitable driver board cannot be found we should use the L298N Full Bridge.
When selecting the stepper motors for the mill we must keep in mind 2 requirements:
- Motors should be selected which run on 12VDC directly from our power supply (5VDC isn’t enough).
- Motors should have a resolution of 0.9 deg/step or better.
SFE EasyDriver Bipolar Stepper Motor Driver – Link
EasyDriver v3 Stepper Motor Driver (Bipolar) – Link
Resources & Additional Information
Easy to Build Desk Top 3 Axis CNC Milling Machine
Easy to build CNC Mill Stepper Motor and Driver circuits
You must log in to post a comment.